Monday, August 31, 2009

Necessity .... The Mother of Invention...

So I got in the baking mood. I decided to make a chocolate cake with mocha buttercream icing. I also wanted to use up the rest of my leftover fondant. As it turns out, I didn't really have enough of any color to cover the cake , so I rolled the pink a bit on the thin side. Fondant nearing the end of it's usefulness + rolling too thin + trying to decorate in less than an hour = by far the worst job covering a cake I have ever done. Sooo... what can I do to cover it up?? Large yellow ribbon and bow and strategically placed white dots. :) I think it still turned out pretty cute.






And the mocha buttercream was yummy!





My cute little helper!




3 comments:

  1. That is surprisingly pink for you ;-)
    Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I was using leftover from Janice's cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Also love the continuing tradition of sitting in front of the refrigerator to lick beaters, spoons, bowls, etc.! Some traditions should never die! But you are doing so good on your cakes!! They're great, and your creative streak is shining!

    ReplyDelete