Monday, November 22, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

I made this cake for my niece, Claria's, Green Eggs and Ham themed second birthday. It was special to be able to make a cake for such a sweetheart!


My favorite things about this cake are the "pencil marks" and that the inside was green velvet.


Word of warning. If you make a funny shaped cake, you will be required to cut the cake. Even if you have a big fat preggo belly!


P.S. No, I'm not pregnant again, this cake was done in April. I told you, I've got a lot of catching up to do!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it. I love, love, love this cake, and I'm so happy you blogged about it! How does one make green velvet cake? Also tell me about the pan/pans you used for the cake? Did you just free-hand that shape? It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green velvet is tricky... You use a red velvet recipie (in this case, PWs) and substitute green food coloring for the red. :) I think I used 2 10 inch rounds and then stacked and carved them. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete